Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby Shower Inspiration

As you may now know, I am throwing a baby shower for a close friend of mine. Here are some of the things I am using for my inspiration. Most, I have found on Pinterest if you don't know what it is, you better get on it. Pinterest is wonderfully addicting.


How cute is this cake from Rouvelee's Creations', I seriously need to take a cake decorating class A.S.A.P. 
Here is a cake that is much more manageable for me. So, cute. I think I might do a light green buttercream. Since I am doing green and white polka dots and blue and white stripes. This adorable polka dot cake is from Country Living.
I absolutely adore the paper straws and striped ribbon around mason jars for the drinks. I have already purchased some light blue striped straws from Sofies Big Day, they came in so fast and they are so cute. This inspiration comes from Hostess Blog, which was featured on Tip Junkie. 


Here is another shot of this wonderfully cute bow-tie party. While, I am not doing a bow tie theme; I do love the colors. 
I love these polka dot balloons. Which they have at Party City. I will obviously be getting them in the parties colors, blue and green. So cute. 


I absolutely love these cake pops, so precious. I am thinking of making some blue and green ones for the favors for guests. These adorable cake pops come from The Peas Are Hollow.

Lime Sherbet Punch for the beautiful mason jars. Will also be having lemonade as an option. Now only if they made blue lemonade, it would be right on track with my theme. The recipe for this refreshing drink comes from Paula Deen


I think this next ideas is so cute for a guest book. Have guests sign and write a little something for the baby in a children's book. Every time the child picks up the book to be read to, he or she will see all the comments guests wrote. I am sure the inquisitive child to be will be asking all about them. This idea comes from Oh Baby! Shower Decor






I love this polka-dot back drop from Celebrations at Home, so adorable and easy to do. I found the directions on making a polka-dot Modern Day Moms. There is also a tutorial where you sew the polka dots, which gives more of the illusional look like above; Gabriel's Good Tidings.

Hopefully, you can kind of see the direction the baby shower is going in. I can't wait for the party and to post all of the pictures from it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment