Thursday, May 24, 2012

Letters for a nursery


I made these very simple letters for a friend of mine for her baby shower.

1. Using letters I bought from Michaels. I bought black wood ones for 2.99 a piece and used a 20% off my entire purchase coupon. 
2. I then picked out the scrapbook paper I wanted to use. My friend and her husband decided on a forest animal theme for their son Jackson's room. I found a great green paper with little evergreen trees and a brown plaid. 
3.Using an exacto knife, I traced the letters on the paper, and cut it out. 
4.Then added one coat of mod podge, stuck the paper on and waited 2 hours. After 2 hours you go back and add 3 coats on top every 15 minutes. 
5. I used my cricut and create-a-critter to make a deer, a fox, a raccoon and a hedgehog. I then followed the same steps to mod podge those on to the letters.


6. I hot glued ribbon to the back of the letters for easy hanging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment